Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Half Way There!

Well, Rhett has been off of his feet for 3 weeks now and he's sick of it! In fact, every time someone new comes over, he asks them if they will please lower the side rail of his hospital bed. I fell for it once, too! He throws his body off of the bed and onto the floor. Of course, this is painful, but he just wants out. I'm learning to use the adrenaline rush to scoop him up and put him back in bed. I don't know how my back will handle it, but luckily we're almost done with this phase of recovery. We did have one setback last week. Both hip sutures became infected. Chelli and I had to lift him to the car and take him to the doc's, but with meds they are looking good again.

At least now we have the real Rhett back. He is talkative and social again and if I climb in bed with him, we see lots of smiles. He's also happy to be in the wheel chair from time to time. He even made it to a little bit of church last Sunday.

1 comment: