Saturday, February 14, 2009

Operation Day




I can't believe my mom and Rhett were in surgery on the same day! My mom broke her leg and had surgery while Rhett was in having his legs broken. Weird.

Anyway, Rhett went in at 2:30 and the surgeons didn't come out until 8:30! It was a long day, but all went well. He lost a lot of blood so they gave him 2 liters and his levels look good now.
Last night he was pale and swollen because they did the procedure pronated, that is with him positioned face-down. So his eyes and lips looked strangely swollen.

At first we couldn't get his temperature up. They piled so many blankets on top of him, you could only see a little of his face! But as soon as he got warm, we took off most of the blankets and now he won't even let us put a gown on him. I guess he can wear his birthday suit when his birthday is Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Wendy. It was so wonderful to see Rhett today. I am really bummed I dont think ill be able to come up again until thursday but I am excited to check up on him everyday here! I set up an account just so I could follow his. I hope everything is going well at home & ill see ya tomorrow (monday)

    much love-Chelli

    ReplyDelete